Immigration & Visas for International Students

As an international student, you are required to follow the rules and regulations of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), a division of the US Department of Homeland Security.  The ISSS staff can advise you on following the rules and regulations.  You will find the basic rules for F-1 and J-1 students in the links provided. If you need further information please make an appointment with an adviser.

Travel Signatures

  • Travel signatures should be requested here.
  • You can request a letter here
  • Information on how to obtain a Canadian visa can be found here
  • Information about the International Student/Scholar Medical Insurance plan can be found here or call us at 207-581-3437.