Immigration & Visas for International Students
As an international student, you are required to follow the rules and regulations of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), a division of the US Department of Homeland Security. The ISSS staff can advise you on following the rules and regulations. You will find the basic rules for F-1 and J-1 students in the links provided. If you need further information please make an appointment with an adviser.
- F-1 Student Regulations
- J-1 Student Regulations
- Maintaining Lawful Status
- Apply for a Visa
- Bringing Dependents
- Transferring to another US school
- Changing Your Immigration Status
- Extending Your Stay
- Travel signatures can be obtained at the front desk of OIP in 240 Estabrooke Hall.
- You can request a letter here
- Information on how to obtain a Canadian visa can be found here
- Information about the International Student/Scholar Medical Insurance plan can be found here or call Brian Berger at 207-581-2905.