Resources and Guidelines for Researchers
The University of Maine Research office provides resources for faculty and students to participate in research.
- The COVID-19 Research Resources webpage provides guidance, useful forms, and signage for research activity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Research Information Management team provides research funding data to assist faculty, staff, administrators and students and support their research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- The University of Maine Advanced Research Computing, Security, and Information Management (ARCSIM) unit is dedicated to supporting the needs of the UMaine research community and its collaborators in their pursuit of technological solutions.
- Maine Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) develops research partnerships between higher education institutions, industry, government, and others.
- The Graduate School supports graduate students in their classwork and research activities.
- The Center for Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate involvement in research activities.
- The Office of Research Administration works with faculty to submit and administer their research awards.
- The Office of Research Development works with faculty and students to identify and develop grant proposals.
- The Office of Research Compliance works to make sure that we are in compliance with all research regulations.
- The University Research Council (URC) provides input to the Vice President for Research (VPR) on strategic issues related to research, scholarship and creative achievement.
- The Office of the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School provides Guidelines for Faculty Start up Funds.
- The Fogler Library provides a Research Data Management online resource.
Our office also oversees 15 research centers and institutes, and facilitates participation in these centers by faculty and students.