Resources for Researchers
The University of Maine Office of the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School provides resources for the advancement of research and creative activity by the university community.
Pursue and Manage Funding
- The Office of Research Development works with the university community to identify and develop grant proposals and provide other services for the growth and development of research.
- The Office of Research Administration works with the university community to provide pre- and post-award services.
- The Office of Research Compliance works with the university community to ensure compliance with all research regulations.
Services and Partnerships
- Coordinated Operating Research Entities (CORE) serves as the University’s central repository to provide access to major research equipment and facilities.
- Advanced Research Computing, Security, and Information Management (ARCSIM) is dedicated to supporting the needs of the UMaine research community and its collaborators in their pursuit of technological solutions.
- Maine Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (Maine EPSCoR) develops research partnerships between higher education institutions, industry, government, and others.
- The Graduate School provides support functions for faculty and students engaged in graduate studies.
- The Center for Undergraduate Research facilitates high-impact research experiential learning for undergraduate students.
- Experiential Programs Innovation Central (EPIC) provides cutting-edge student-centered undergraduate education through high-impact and closely integrated experiential learning programs.
- Portland Gateway serves as a gateway to University of Maine research, education, and outreach resources, programs, and services.