Does your business need help with research and development? Are you currently based outside of Maine but interested in moving your company to our state?
Whether you’re a startup or an established enterprise, the University of Maine can help. We specialize in custom solutions, and our centers and researchers can assist with prototyping, testing, process development, and much more. UMaine also offers business coaching, incubation, and acceleration services and programs designed to help businesses grow. Whatever your needs or challenges, the University of Maine is ready to assist.
- Demonstrating the talent, expertise and infrastructure available at UMaine that can help your business thrive
- Supporting your relocation through a network of statewide partners including Maine & Co. and the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development
- Access to expertise and labs on campus
- Access to resource centers on campus for design, prototype development, testing, and pilot manufacturing services
Licensing & Technologies
- The University of Maine has a robust portfolio of technologies available for license
Startup Incubation & Support
- Business coaching with UMaine’s Innovation team based at the Foster Innovation Center
- Access to expert mentors
- Assistance with funding opportunities
- Entrepreneurial programs including accelerators and pitching competitions
- Innovation consulting services for developing new products or improving processes
- Lab and office space in the UpStart Center for Entrepreneurship and other partner incubators