Welcome to the College of our Hearts, Always
The University of Maine provides on-campus housing in 19 residence halls. Options include traditional undergraduate residence halls for first year and upperclass residents, suite style living for upperclass residents, graduate housing, and several living/learning and themed community options.
ATTENTION CURRENT RESIDENTS:
Students in need of Fall 2022 housing may apply through the “Log into myHousing” link above.
ATTENTION NEW INCOMING STUDENTS AND CURRENT NON-RESIDENTS:
The Fall 2022 Housing Application is now available. Please click on “Log into myHousing”.
- Room changes are now being accepted. If you wish to change rooms, please contact a Residence Life staff member (Resident Assistant, Community Coordinator, or Assistant Community Coordinator) in your community.
- The Spring 2022 housing application is now closed. Please contact us for on-campus housing needs.
First Year Residence Requirement
Living on campus maximizes students’ opportunities for social, cultural and extracurricular involvement and is positively linked to students’ persistence toward attaining a degree. The University of Maine believes that residence hall living is an educational opportunity that all new students should experience.
Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria:
- Aged 21 or older
- A veteran or transfer student
- Living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles)
- Exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet this requirement
Students with physical or psychological disabilities may request special housing/dining accommodations. Disabilities require documentation by a qualified medical provider. Student Accessibility Services provides adaptations including testing accommodations, note takers, ordering alternate format texts, classroom relocation, advisement on disability issues, and housing related accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services.