Welcome to the College of our Hearts, Always
Fall 2021 Assignments available starting July 1. Log into myHousing to see the details of your assignment and your roommate's information!
If you don’t see an assignment when logging into myHousing, please continue to check each weeknight to see if you’ve been assigned yet.
Move In/Maine Hello information and updates can be found here Maine Hello
- Room assignments will be available in myHousing beginning July 1 for students who have been assigned. If you do not see a “Check My Assignment” button on July 1, it means you have not yet been assigned. We will get you assigned as soon as we can.
- My College Roomie is no longer available for Fall 2021. If you were able to match with a roommate through My College Roomie, you will be assigned with your matched roommate. You do not need to contact us to make your request. If you did not match with a roommate in My College Roomie and do not have a specific roommate, you will be assigned to a student in your major or college, if possible.
- Returning students (current resident or off-campus student) may apply for housing by logging in to myHousing. If you are unable to access the Fall 2021 housing application, please contact us.
- The Fall 2021 housing application is now available for accepted incoming first year and transfer students. Apply by going to Apply for Housing.
First Year Residence Requirement
Living on campus maximizes students’ opportunities for social, cultural and extracurricular involvement and is positively linked to students’ persistence toward attaining a degree. The University of Maine believes that residence hall living is an educational opportunity that all new students should experience.
Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria:
- Aged 21 or older
- A veteran or transfer student
- Living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles)
- Exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet this requirement
Students with physical or psychological disabilities may request special housing/dining accommodations. Disabilities require documentation by a qualified medical provider. Student Accessibility Services provides adaptations including testing accommodations, note takers, ordering alternate format texts, classroom relocation, advisement on disability issues, and housing related accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services.