Welcome to the College of our Hearts, Always
- Room changes are now being accepted. If you wish to change rooms, please contact a Residence Life staff member (Resident Assistant, Community Coordinator, or Assistant Community Coordinator) in your community.
- The Spring 2022 housing application for new and returning students for Spring 2022 will be available on October 15, 2021.
First Year Residence Requirement
Living on campus maximizes students’ opportunities for social, cultural and extracurricular involvement and is positively linked to students’ persistence toward attaining a degree. The University of Maine believes that residence hall living is an educational opportunity that all new students should experience.
Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria:
- Aged 21 or older
- A veteran or transfer student
- Living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles)
- Exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet this requirement
Students with physical or psychological disabilities may request special housing/dining accommodations. Disabilities require documentation by a qualified medical provider. Student Accessibility Services provides adaptations including testing accommodations, note takers, ordering alternate format texts, classroom relocation, advisement on disability issues, and housing related accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services.