Welcome to the College of our Hearts, Always
The Fall 2021 Housing Application for new incoming students is now available.
Log in to myHousing to apply.
- My College Roomie Deadlines for Incoming First Year Students:
Create a profile in My College Roomie – May 10
Match with a roommate in My College Roomie – May 15
*To participate in My College Roomie, you must confirm your admission to UMaine and submit a housing application prior to May 10.
- Room Signup for current residents has ended. Returning students (current resident or off-campus student) may apply for housing by logging in to myHousing. If you are unable to access the Fall 2021 housing application, please contact us.
- The Fall 2021 housing application is now available for accepted incoming first year and transfer students. Apply by going to Apply for Housing.
First Year Residence Requirement
Living on campus maximizes students’ opportunities for social, cultural and extracurricular involvement and is positively linked to students’ persistence toward attaining a degree. The University of Maine believes that residence hall living is an educational opportunity that all new students should experience.
Living on campus is not required for a new admitted first-year student under any of the following criteria:
- Aged 21 or older
- A veteran or transfer student
- Living with a parent or legal guardian within easy commuting distance (35 miles)
- Exceptional circumstances that do not permit them to meet this requirement
Students with physical or psychological disabilities may request special housing/dining accommodations. Disabilities require documentation by a qualified medical provider. Student Accessibility Services provides adaptations including testing accommodations, note takers, ordering alternate format texts, classroom relocation, advisement on disability issues, and housing related accommodations. To request accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services.