Welcome to UMaine!
The MaineCard Service Center is open by appointment only at this time. Please contact us to make an appointment.
- Only one customer will be permitted into the MaineCard office at a time
- Please observe social distancing requirements while waiting outside the office
- Face coverings are required in the MaineCard office and may only be taken off when an ID photo is being taken
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access facilities, services and optional spending accounts while on campus.
A chip embedded in new MaineCards allows contactless entry instead of swiping in the following locations:
- Residence halls
- Purchasing food using Dining Funds or Black Bear Bucks
- Reserving or checking out materials at Fogler Library
- Using the UMaine Kiosk lockers at the Package and Postal Center
To enter your room or pick up a package, your card does need to be swiped.
What your MaineCard can do
- Identify yourself as a UMaine student
- Enter your residence hall and room
- Purchase food and drink using your Meal Plan, Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks, including at some Pepsi vending machines
- Pick up packages at the Package and Postal Center and the UMaine Kiosk and access charging stations in the Union
- Purchase items at the University Bookstore and Bear Necessities Fan Shop
- Pay for laundry in the residence halls
- Print at designated printers across campus
- Borrow materials from Fogler Library, and use their photocopiers
- Access campus recreation facilities and UMaine sporting events
- Make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- Buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts and attend performances of the School of Performing Arts
- Ride Community Connector buses and shuttles for free