MaineCard Services are by appointment only at this time. We have suspended notary services and parking services. The MaineCard Service Center will continue to provide card replacement requests for people with immediate needs and new MaineCard requests (i.e. a new employee). Set up an appointment by emailing us.
Email and voicemail messages will be monitored from 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Follow us on social media for changes and updates.
Access, services, convenience and more
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Eligible and valid cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access facilities, services and optional spending accounts while on campus! Optional spending accounts include Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks.
What your MaineCard can do
- Identify yourself as a UMaine student
- Enter your residence hall and room
- Pay for laundry services in the residence halls
- Use your Meal Plan at UMaine Dining locations
- Purchase items at the University Bookstore
- Borrow materials from the Fogler Library
- Make copies at Library copiers
- Print at designated printers across campus
- Access charging stations in the Union
- Pick up packages at the Package and Postal Center
- Make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- Access campus recreation facilities and UMaine sporting events
- Buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts
- FREE public transportation on buses and shuttles
- And so much more!