Access, Services, Convenience and More!
The MaineCard is the official University of Maine ID. Eligible and valid cardholders include full- or part-time students, faculty and staff. While you are associated with the University, the MaineCard is the only card you will need to access facilities, services and optional spending accounts while on campus! Optional spending accounts include Dining Funds and Black Bear Bucks.
New MaineCard and classic MaineCard information!
Starting this summer with incoming new students and new
employees, the MaineCard Service Center will issue a new design with the black bear logo for official University of Maine ID.
What does this mean for classic MaineCard holders with the current Stevens Hall design? No worries; it’s still good. Check out our detailed guide to your new MaineCard design!
What your Mainecard can do
- Identify yourself as a UMaine student
- Enter your residence hall
- Use your Meal Plan at UMaine Dining locations
- Pay for laundry services in the residence halls
- Purchase items at the University Bookstore
- Print at designated printers across campus
- Enter and borrow materials from the Fogler Library
- Make copies at Library copiers
- Make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- Access campus recreation facilities and UMaine sporting events
- Buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts
- FREE public transportation on buses and shuttles
- And so much more!