Coordinated Operating Research Entities or CORE is overseen by the Office of the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School and realized through close partnership with units across the institution. The University of Maine has an extensive set of major research equipment and resources that are available through CORE to the University research community, as well as to the outside world.
To serve as UMaine’s central repository for major research equipment and facilities, for the purpose of advancing research and development. CORE enables internal and external users to have easy access to state-of-the-art technology and services delivered by experts on a fee-for-service basis.
- Managing major research equipment and facilities that are of broad use to the University research community and to the outside world
- Connecting users with CORE resources through one-stop convenient access
- Maintaining technical staff to operate CORE equipment and facilities
- Providing research equipment training opportunities to internal and external users
- Establishing professionally managed service rates that are compliant with Federal regulations
For more information about service center policy, please view the University of Maine Service Center Procedure Manual.