The mission of the Office of Research Development is to enhance grant seeking activities and facilitate grant collaborations across units and around the state in order to promote a culture of research excellence.
Research Development Services
Our services include:
- Assisting research teams with proposal development
- Identifying targeted funding opportunities
- Training and technical assistance related to grant writing
- Grant resubmission support
- Limited competition management
- Internal grant funding organization and support
Research Development News
Updates to both the UMS Research Reinvestment Funds and the UMaine Faculty Research Funds have been announced:
UMaine Faculty Research Funds:
- Scholarly Materials and Equipment awards – 10/25/2018
- Presidential Research and Creative Achievement Award Nominations – 02/08/19
- Summer Faculty Research awards – 03/07/2019
UMS Research Reinvestment Fund
- Seed Grants – 11/5/2018
- Student Awards – 11/19/2018
Information about how to apply can be found on UMaine’s InfoReady grant review portal.
Writing groups for USDA, NSF, and NIH grants will commence during the academic year in preparation for common grant due dates. If you need assistance with specific grant training, please contact Jason Charland.