The Office of Research Development is available to support faculty, staff, and students developing their research programs. Please access UMaine’s COVID-19 Research and Graduate Studies FAQ webpage for up-to-date information. For ORD specific information, visit the Office of Research Development information page.
The mission of the Office of Research Development is to enhance grant seeking activities and facilitate grant collaborations across units and around the state in order to promote a culture of research excellence.
Our services include:
- Assisting research teams with proposal development
- Identifying targeted funding opportunities
- Training and technical assistance related to grant writing
- Grant resubmission support
- Limited competition management
- Internal grant funding organization and support
- Writing groups for recurring grant programs (e.g. USDA, NSF, NIH, etc.)