- Assisting research teams with proposal development
- Identifying targeted funding opportunities
- Training and technical assistance related to grant writing
- Grant resubmission support
- Limited competition management
- Internal grant funding organization and support
- Writing groups for recurring grant programs (USDA, NSF, NIH, etc.)
The mission of the Office of Research Development is to enhance grant seeking activities and facilitate grant collaborations across units and around the state in order to promote a culture of research excellence.
UMS Research Affiliates Pilot Program
Learn more about the 24 researchers from across UMS who are participating in this year-long cohort, based program.
Introduction to grant searching on PIVOT, analyzing an agency’s Request for Proposals, Grant Writing Basics- October 12th RSVP form and March 15th RSVP form
Finding Funding Challenge (online and asynchronous)
Each day, for five days, you will receive an email with tasks designed to build your grantseeking skills. You will learn how to effectively and efficiently find funding opportunities tailored to your creative and scholarly interests, strategically read a request for proposals, and make your grant proposal a standout. December 13-17 RSVP form