Linking Space to Maine's Economy
To advance Maine’s economy through the new space economy and the preparation of the needed workforce for space-related research, technology development, and commercialization.
To support research and development in space science and engineering through a multidisciplinary approach and including direct participation of non-STEM researchers to provide a unique perspective in support of the new space economy workforce needs.
We strive to excel in the following areas:
- Outreach to K-12 community to build the STEM pipeline in Space related areas.
- Systematic training for faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students in project development and strategic planning.
- Enhanced internship programs with NASA and aerospace industry partners.
- Experiential learning opportunities for students from all majors and disciplines in an interdisciplinary manner.
- Forging partnerships with industry to collaborate on complex problems.
- Develop intellectual property, commercialize products, and assist Maine-based companies to join the new space ecosystem.
UMaine Space Updates
UMaine Research News
UMaine MARINE: Pioneering Marine Research for Maine and Beyond
The University of Maine is Among Six Universities Awarded $1.4 million to Breed and Develop Resilient Potato Varieties
The University of Maine’s Collaboration with the Naloxone Distribution Initiative Tackles Maine’s Opioid Epidemic through Harm Reduction