THE CENTER FOR STUDENT INVOLVEMENT
The Center for Student Involvement (CSI) is housed with the Division of Student Life and is the hub for all activities across campus. A priority of the Center for Student Involvement is to create and support positive out-of-the-classroom experiences and interactions.
We offer a wide array of opportunities for student engagement within the undergraduate student population. Our functional areas include the following with almost endless possibilities for students to find a connection.
- Campus Activities
- Our campus activities staff help create, plan, and promote campus wide events for students to engage. The largest includes Family and Friends Weekend in the fall semester and Winter Carnival in the spring semester.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life
- With 16 active fraternity chapters and 8 active sorority chapters, the Fraternity and Sorority Life staff support over 1,200 Greek students on the UMaine campus.
- Leadership Development
- The Leadership Development staff offer many ways for students to learn, engage, and expand their perception of leadership and their leadership skills.
- Student Organizations
- Student Organizations staff support over 200 student clubs and organizations at UMaine. The fall Student Involvement Fair is instrumental in connecting students to clubs and ongoing efforts throughout the year are made to showcase the many achievements of clubs and organizations.
- eSports Arena
- Located in room 131 of the Memorial Union is the eSports Arena. With multiple PC and console setups, every gamer is sure to find something to enjoy!