CORE Voucher Program
The CORE Voucher Program, funded through the Office of the Vice President for Research, provides financial assistance for University of Maine faculty and students to access CORE facilities in support of their academic and research pursuits. Though there is no specific limit for a voucher request, awards typically range from $250 to $1000, depending on the services requested. For faculty-directed research projects, the CORE voucher program generally is intended to cover no more than 50% of the cost of the requested services. For self-funded student projects, the CORE voucher may be used to cover the entirety of the service fees.
How to Apply:
Faculty and/or student applicants must complete the CORE Voucher Program Application. Please note that requests should be received at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed start and that retroactive requests are not considered. Applicants are asked to supply the following information:
• description of the CORE services needed
• description of how the requested service will impact a project
• approximate dates the facility will be needed
• responsible faculty member (research advisor, course instructor, etc.)
• source of remaining funds for project budget, if applicable
Review and Approval Process:
• Requests will be funded on a first come, first served basis until the funds are depleted
• Requests will be reviewed and approved by CORE Administrative Staff as well as the appropriate Facility Manager. In rare instances, applications may also be reviewed by a faculty advisor to the CORE facility specified in the application
Additional sources of internal support for faculty & students:
• Undergraduate Students may consider the CUGR Undergraduate Research Fellowships (https://cugr.umaine.edu/fellowship-opportunities/)
• Graduate Students may consider the Graduate Student Government’s Grants Program (https://umaine.edu/gsg/grants/)
• Faculty seeking internal support for their research may also consider the UMaine Faculty Research Funds Program administered through the Office of Research Development (https://umaine.edu/research-development/funding/internal-funding/).