Once you have confirmed your admission to UMaine, you will receive an email at your maine.edu email address with details on how to submit your MaineCard ID photo. It is mandatory for you to submit supporting government identification documents with your ID photo upload. To ensure the approval of your photo ID, you must include approved ID documentation.
The unique link to upload your ID photo will only be found in your maine.edu email. The email will also walk you through the process of submitting your ID photo and supporting documents.
To ensure that your card is ready when you arrive, submit your photo as soon as possible.
Picking up your MaineCard
- Campus residents: Pick up your MaineCard at your residence hall during move-in. For details on move-in, visit Res Life’s return website.
- Commuter students: Pick up your MaineCard at the MaineCard Service Center, Memorial Union, Room 130, during move-in or on the first day of classes.
- Questions about pick up? Contact us after June 1 to discuss your pick up options.
Details on how to Submit your ID Photo
Instructions are available below, or watch this how-to video.
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
The photo submission tool does not work well with Safari and Firefox. We do not recommend you use those two browsers.
All of the following requirements must be met during your photo submission. If not, your photo will be rejected.
Verify your photo meets the following requirements, and choose upload.
- Should be cropped slightly above head to middle of chest
- Should be taken against a plain, light background
- Must be a color photo
- Must not include sunglasses or anything else obstructing the clear view of the face
- Must be positioned directly facing the camera
- Eyes should be open and looking at the camera
- Photo has to be clear. Blurry photos will not be accepted.
- No larger than 2MB in size