The University of Maine campus has 19 different residence facilities, providing a wide variety of building and community styles to meet students’ needs. For the 2016-2017 academic year, our communities and halls will include:
- 7 residence halls dedicated to first-year students, including Androscoggin, Knox, Cumberland, Gannett, Somerset, Oxford, and York Halls
- 6 different First Year Experience Living Learning Communities, which provide first-year students the opportunity to live with peers who share a common interest. Substance Free housing is available to students in any class (first year to senior) on the fourth floor of Aroostook Hall.
- 2 floors in Aroostook Hall for incoming upperclass transfer students – the Transfer Living Community
- 4 residence halls dedicated to second-year students, in Hart, Hancock, Aroostook and Kennebec Halls (first floor Aroostook only)
- 4 residence halls for Honors students, including Penobscot, Estabrooke, Colvin and Balentine Halls
- 4 options for Junior and Senior students – Oak (all singles), Estabrooke (top 2 floors – mostly singles), and 2 apartment complexes (DTAV/Patch)
- 1 hall dedicated to graduate students – Stodder Hall