The University of Maine campus has 20 different residence facilities, providing a wide variety of building and community styles to meet students’ needs. For the 2018-2019 academic year, our communities and halls will include:
- 7 residence halls dedicated to first-year students, including Androscoggin, Knox, Cumberland, Gannett, Somerset, Oxford, and York Halls
- A variety of First Year Experience Living Learning Communities, which provide first-year students the opportunity to live with peers who share a common interest. Substance Free housing is available to students in any class (first year to senior) on the fourth floor of Aroostook Hall. Outdoor Adventure is open to first and second year students and is located in Kennebec Hall.
- 2 floors in York Hall for incoming upperclass transfer students – the Transfer Living Community
- 4 residence halls housing second-year students, in Hart, Hancock, Aroostook and Kennebec Halls
- 4 residence halls housing Honors students, including Penobscot, Estabrooke, Colvin and Balentine Halls
- 4 options for Junior and Senior students – Oak (all singles), Estabrooke (top 2 floors – mostly singles), and 2 apartment complexes (DTAV/Patch)
- 1 graduate student hall- Stodder Hall