The Office of International Programs (OIP) extends a warm welcome and looks forward to your arrival!
We are very happy that you decided to join our diverse university. Approximately 500 of the University of Maine’s more than 11,000 students come from abroad, representing more than 70 different nations. International students play an active role in both the intellectual and cultural life of our campus.
OIP is here to help you prepare for your arrival at UMaine, and navigate life on campus.
This brochure is designed to help you prepare for your move to Maine. Read it carefully and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our office.
Office of International Programs staff
Arrival and Orientation Information
- How to activate your MaineStreet account
- MaineStreet basics
- How to accept your Financial Terms and Conditions
- How to create a Wish List and enroll in classes
Financial Terms and Conditions
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the Financial Terms and Conditions (FTC) in your MaineStreet Student Service listed in the To Do list. Read the full FTC text. Read the FTC Frequently Asked Questions.
- Placement tests – complete for math, English composition, foreign languages and music before course registration
Enrolling in Classes
- Schedule of classes and enrollment information
- Using the Course Planner and Wish List– utilize this tool to plan your enrollment in future semesters.
- Dropping or Adding a Class – international undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 12 credits each semester (applies only to Fall and Spring semesters).
- Self-Service Enrollment Verification
- How to transfer your credits to UMaine – completed before course registration for the first semester at UMaine