COVID-19 health and safety guidance
IMPORTANT – COVID-19 health and safety guidance
The University of Maine requires all students attending in-person classes and activities to be fully vaccinated.
UMaine is considering a person vaccinated 2 weeks after receiving all doses of the FDA approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson) or WHO approved vaccines (Oxford/AstraZeneca, Serum Institute of India, Sinopharm, and Sinovac).
The Office of International Programs (OIP) eagerly awaits your arrival!
Welcome to UMaine, a diverse campus that we hope you’re excited to call home for your upcoming semester(s). Our international students have always played an active role in both the intellectual and cultural life of our campus, so we’re always excited to welcome more! Between our clubs, intramural activities, and campus events you’ll have no shortage of things to do. Also, be sure to check out our bucket list: 50 Things to Do. You can find the link here.
Of course, we know that coming to a new country to study can be daunting, but OIP is here to help you prepare for your arrival to UMaine, and to navigate life on campus.
We’ve created this brochure to help you prepare for your move to Maine. Read it carefully and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our office.
Welcome to the Black Bear family!
Office of International Programs staff
Arrival and Orientation Information
- How to activate your MaineStreet account
- MaineStreet basics
- How to accept your Financial Terms and Conditions
- How to create a Wish List and enroll in classes
Financial Terms and Conditions
- Before you can register for classes, you must complete the Financial Terms and Conditions (FTC) in your MaineStreet Student Service listed in the To Do list. Read the full FTC text. Read the FTC Frequently Asked Questions.
- Placement tests – complete for math, English composition, foreign languages and music before course registration
Enrolling in Courses
- Undergraduate student course enrollment information
- Graduate students course enrollment information
- Using the Course Planner and Wish List– utilize this tool to plan your enrollment in future semesters.
- Dropping or Adding a Class
- Self-Service Enrollment Verification
- How to transfer your credits to UMaine – completed before course registration for the first semester at UMaine