Welcome to Housing Services
Incoming new first-year students – please click here.
Current residents with sophomore status as of Fall 2014 – click here.
Current residents with junior/senior status as of Fall 2014 – click here.
CURRENT STUDENTS LIVING OFF CAMPUS FOR SPRING 2014
Due to space limitations, we are unable to offer housing for Fall 2014 to students currently living off campus until after current residents have been accommodated.
Students may now request a room or roomate change through the Community Coordinator in her/his area. If approved, the room change can be made over the following weekend. A Room Freeze will be in effect as of Monday, April 28 for the last two weeks of the spring semester.
HALL CLOSING – END OF SPRING SEMESTER
All residence facilities will close at 5pm on Friday, May 9, 2014. Graduating seniors may remain until 5pm on Saturday, May 10. Summer University students who will be living on campus will move to summer housing in Oak Hall on Saturday, May 10.
ROOM/BOARD CANCELLATION FEES – 2014-2015 academic year
- Cancellation prior to May 1, 2014 -no fee
- Cancellation May 1 – June 30 – $150
- Cancellation July 1 to August 29 – $250
- Cancellation August 30 to end of academic year – $250 plus dining cancellation fees
The Room and Board License (PDF) is for the entire academic year or the remainder of academic year if assigned after opening in the fall. If you have a question regarding on-campus housing at UMaine, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for a faster response during business hours. We may not be able to get back to you by phone in the same day due to a high volume of phone traffic. Thank you!
General Housing Information
The University of Maine provides on-campus housing in 17 residence halls. Options include traditional undergraduate residence halls for first year and upperclass residents, suite style living for upperclass residents, graduate housing, and several living/learning lifestyle options.
For Fall 2014-Spring 2015:
The First Year Experience (FYE) program is for first year students assigned to the following halls:
- Balentine (Honors – upperclass and first-year)
- Colvin (Honors – upperclass and first-year)
- Penobscot (Honors – first-year)
Traditional housing halls for upperclass students
- Kennebec (Transfer Living Community on 3rd and 4th floor)
- DTAV (suite-style)
- Patch (suite-style)
- Oak (all singles)
- Stodder (graduate housing)
For Fall 2014, halls will open for new incoming first-year and transfer students on Friday, August 29 for new student orienation. Halls will open at 10 am on Monday, September 1, 2014 for returning students.
Questions regarding on-campus housing at UMaine? Check this site to see if your question can be answered here. If not, please e-mail the Housing Office at email@example.com.
To stay current with the latest information and updates from Housing Services we encourage you to bookmark this Web site. The Office of Housing Services also suggests that you review as many web sites as possible on the A to Z Directory of the University of Maine website, including the following:
- Residence Life
- Dean of Students
- Off-Campus Housing
- UMaine Dining
- Cutler Health Center
- MaineCard Services
- Bursar’s Office
- Financial Aid
- Academic Program Fact Sheets
- Residents who present medical or psychological conditions that are
by a qualified medical provider may request specific housing and/or dining accommodations.
- Housing/Dining Modification Procedure (PDF).
- Housing Doc of Need Form_revised_ 2_2013.
- Requests are reviewed and upon approval, reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the documented need.
- If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance with accommodations, please contact Ann Smith, Director of Disability Support Services, voice 207 581-2319, TTY 207 581-2325, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
MicroFridge® (combination microwave & refrigerator)
The MicroFridge® Appliance is approved for use in University of Maine residence halls. This is the only option if you would like BOTH a microwave and a refrigerator for your on-campus room. For more information and to rent or buy a MicroFridge® from the UMaine-approved University Logistics website, www.universitylogistics.net, click here.
You can also call Unversity Logistics with any questions about the MicroFridge® or ordering information to the MicroFridge® Student Rental Call Center at 1.800.525.7307.
To view the latest PDF of the MicroFridge® brochure, please click here.