To provide students the language support and cultural knowledge needed to be successful in achieving their educational and career goals.
- 8 weeks long (160 hours)
- 18-20 hours of English instruction a week
- Recommended to apply for 2 sessions
- For students who have received conditional admission to the University of Maine (TOEFL 71 or IELTS 5.5)
- Available for undergraduate and graduate students
- Learn more about the IEI Bridge Scholarship
- For learners who are attending IEI from somewhere else in Maine, another U.S. state, or from another country.
- Students who have enrolled as an F-1 visa holder are required to attend all of their IEI classes in-person.
- Suits the needs and budget of your school, business or organization
- Features custom curriculum, flexible schedule, customizable cultural activities, and partnerships with other departments at the University of Maine
- Designed for non-native speakers of English
- Improve your listening and speaking communication skills.
- Read an article about it here
- Workshop-style course for graduate students who are non-native English speakers
- Designed to focus on writing and editing
- Individualized grammar instruction to improve written English composition
At IEI, we want students to integrate their knowledge of the English language into more than just an academic setting.
To achieve this goal, we offer students trips around Maine to learn about the history and culture of the State.
Students will have the opportunity to apply their communication skills in real time while creating lasting memories and friendships with their classmates.
Arrival Day: June 1
Orientation: June 2
Classes Start: June 5
Classes End: July 28
Fall A 2023
Arrival Day: August 22
Orientation: August 23-25
Classes Start: August 28
Classes End: October 20
Fall B 2023
Arrival Day: October 19
Orientation: October 20
Classes Start: October 23
Classes End: December 15
Spring A 2024
Arrival Day: January 09
Orientation: January 10-12
Classes Start: January 16
Classes End: March 08
Spring B 2024
Arrival Day: March 14
Orientation: March 15
Classes Start: March 18
Classes End: May 03