Helpful Information for International Students
The Office of International Programs helped us compile this one-page overview of dining options for our international students. You will find links to all pertinent information regarding UMaine Dining. Important links are in our site menu.
The University of Maine welcomes all international students to our locations throughout campus. International students are strongly encouraged to live on campus and to select a meal plan.
Selecting a Meal Plan:
- On-campus resident students must be enrolled in a meal plan as part of their Academic Year Room and Board License.
- Students living in traditional first-year housing must choose an Unlimited meal plan.
- Students living in suite-style housing in DTAV/Patch Hall can opt out of meal plans as they have a kitchen in each suite. Alternatively, students can select a smaller meal plan providing a certain number of visits to the dining halls.
- Students living in Stodder Hall must have a meal plan. Students can prepare some of their meals as there is a kitchen on each floor.
- Off-campus students may add Black Bear Bucks to their Maine Card. All meal plans are open to students living off campus. Download the app to add funds anytime!