Welcome to Reed!
John Clifford was the first settler who settled in 1830. Around 1886, Reed had a train station, as the European and North American Railroad ran through the town. At this time, the town had two schoolhouses.
Reed Plantation also contains the village of Wytopitlock, known for its interesting name. Wytopitlock means “a place where there are alders” in Abenaki. Wytopitlock is located along the Mattawamkeag River.
- Wytopitlock Veterans Memorial Wytopitlock, ME 04497
- Honoring local veterans!
- For alternative activities, check out these nearby towns, Amity, Bancroft, Cary, Haynesville, Hodgdon, Linneus, Orient, Reed, and Weston.
- Birch Hills Camp Route 171, 519 Main St, Wytopitlock, ME 04497 | (207) 557-9321
- Providing guided hunts, canoe trips, camp rentals, and much more!
- Maine River Lodge 3270 Bancroft Rd, Reed, ME 04497 | (207) 448-7875
- Beautiful lodge available for vacation rental, weddings, and other events!
Shops & Services
- Santa Claus Hill Christmas Trees 2 Santa Claus Ln, Wytopitlock, ME 04497 | (207) 456-7548
- Grab a hot drink and something sweet, and pick out a beautiful Christmas tree with your family and friends!
- Shops & services options are located in nearby Bancroft, Cary, Haynesville, Hodgdon, Linneus, Orient, Reed, and Weston.