Welcome to Hodgdon!
Hodgdon, Maine, an agricultural town comprised of numerous farms, was incorporated on February 11, 1821. John Hodgdon of Ware, New Hampshire, gained interest in the land in the early 1800s and bought the land for $ 5,760, and about fifteen years later, the first settler appeared!
John Hodgdon built a water power dam in Hodgdon Mills located right next to what is now Anderson’s Mill Pond Dairy Bar. A drive down Hodgdon Mills Road will take you right past the dam.
- East Hodgdon Amish Community Catalina Rd, East Hodgdon, ME 04730
- This Amish community of about ten families (as of 2014) has opened to the public for U-Pick organic strawberries (part of Rainbow Gardens, the Yoder’s family farm) and may look to expand U-Pick to other fruits in the future!
- Forticor Farms 82 Benn Hill Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-9696
- Alpaca and goat farm, including a farm store selling products such as alpaca yarn.
- Hodgdon Veterans Memorial Monument 49 Hodgdon Mills Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730
- Granite monument honoring Hodgdon veterans, dating back to the Civil War!
- Pleasant View Tree Farm 1190 Calais Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-4769
- Trees, vegetables, shrubs, and more at this tree farm! Seasonal!
- Seiders Hill-Top Lanes 61 Calais Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 254-2133
- Family fun featuring bowling and mini golf!
- Shoe Tree US-1, Hodgdon, ME 04730 (near the Jackins Settlement Rd)
- With 150 pairs of shoes or more, this maple tree is an exciting sight to see!
- Treeland Farm 335 Calais Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-2018
- Visit their farm stand and grab some fresh vegetables!
- Anderson’s Mill Pond Dairy Bar 226 Hodgdon Mills Rd, Hodgdon ME 04730| (207) 532-9891
- Serving both food and ice cream with a variety of different flavors! Please call before visiting. Seasonal!
- Hidden Spring Winery 1057 White Settlement Rd, East Hodgdon, ME 04730 |(207) 532-0753
- “Please stop by and sample our unique wines and enjoy the amazing views!”
Shops & Services
- Crown of Maine Taxidermy 1052 US-1, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-0753
- “A taxidermy business located in Aroostook County, Maine, that artistically preserves mammals, birds, and fish.”
- Seiders Variety & Redemption Center 53 Old Calais Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-3301
- Located just outside Houlton, this convenience store sells all the snacks and treats you need. Do not forget to try their pizza!
- T & S Market 209 Hodgdon Mills Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 532-6672
- Convenient store offering a variety of products and prepared foods! Many claim T & S has the best pizza around!
- Wynes Trailside Popcorn 126 London Rd, Hodgdon, ME 04730 | (207) 521-1339
- “Featuring fresh, delicious homemade caramel popcorn available in cashew, peanut, and plain.”