Welcome to Bancroft!
“Bancroft was named for George Bancroft, a historian. First settled around 1830.” (McCauley – The Names of Maine” p.40) Bancroft was incorporated in 1889. A railroad runs through the town of Bancroft and the Baskenhegan Stream. The Mattawamkeag River flows through the main portion of Bancroft, with an old schoolhouse nearby. The town also has a veterans memorial remembering those who served in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, and/or the Vietnam War.
- Bancroft Veterans Memorial Bancroft, ME 04497
- In memory of those who served in World War I, World War II, the Vietnam War, and the Korean War.
- For dining options, check out nearby towns, Weston.
Shops & Services
- Rising Sun Outfitters 1073 Ferry Rd, Bancroft, ME 04497 | (207) 461-4611
- Offering guided Sea Duck, Bear, and Moose hunts!
- For other shops & services, check out nearby towns, Orient, Reed, and Weston.