Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Consider replacing all your inefficient light bulbs with energy efficient ones.
- Efficiency Maine works with lighting manufacturers, retailers and distributors to reduce the prices of energy-efficient lighting products statewide. You can find these products at your local retailer.
Tips for Use:
- Use a desk lamp instead of overhead lighting, as most overhead lights use multiple bulbs.
- Use task lighting to focus light where it is needed rather than light an entire room.
- In areas of the office or home that receive low light, paint rooms in light colors or use curtains to reflect as much free light as possible.
- Use mini-florescent or LED nightlights in bathrooms and halls.
- Turn off any unnecessary lights and use natural light whenever possible.
- Designate a “last to leave” policy in your dorm or office if lights are often left on in an empty room.
- Install occupancy sensors indoors and motion sensors outdoors.
Back to Top