International Students - Housing & Dining
Read the following information and then apply for housing at the Housing Services web page.
The University of Maine encourages all incoming international students to live in campus housing. We offer a variety of accommodation styles, fully integrated with local students. All residence halls offer wireless internet, and standard furniture. Only some residence halls are continuous housing halls (open during university breaks and holidays). When applying for housing make sure you choose a continuous housing hall.
First Year Residence Halls Offering Continuous Housing
- Knox Hall – double rooms with shared bathrooms. The Global Crossroads Living/Learning Community is a great option for first-year international students
- York Hall – double rooms with shared bathrooms
- For information on ALL first year housing go to the First Year Residence Halls page hosted by Residence Life
Transfer Student Housing
- If you are a transfer student and you wish to live on campus please see the Residence Hall Description page hosted by Residence Life to review your options.
- Please see information on the incoming exchange visitor housing page.
Graduate Student Housing
- Stodder Hall – for students above 21, and for graduate students – shared double rooms, kitchenette on each floor
- University Park is located close to campus and offers housing for students with a spouse and/or children
- See a Typical Residence Hall Room
- What to Bring for Your Room (You will have an opportunity to shop during Orientation)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Living/Learning Communities
- Apply for Campus Housing - must be accepted at UMaine
For more information:
The University of Maine welcomes all international students to our locations throughout campus. International students are strongly encouraged to live on-campus and to select a meal plan.
Meal Plan Options:
- Meal Plan Information - scroll down for prices
Selecting a Meal Plan:
- On-campus resident students will be enrolled in a meal plan as part of their Academic Year Room and Board License. Please see details on the Housing website.
- Off-campus students may add Dining Funds or Bear Bucks to their Maine Card. Please do this through the Student Services Office in the Memorial Union.