Parking and Public Transit Information
Full members receive a free permit to park in the Hilltop Parking Lot (just uphill of the Rec Center). This free “Rec Center Parking Pass” is a benefit of full membership. *Please note UMaine employee/student exception below.* This permit is valid only in the Hilltop Parking Lot, and valid only for a 4-hour maximum visit.
Specialty Pass holders, and other non-members who are enrolled in programs, have two options:
1) The Rec Center Parking Pass may be purchased at the Rec Center front desk for $10 per semester. This permit is valid only in the Hilltop Parking Lot, and valid only for a 4-hour maximum visit.
2. There are several options for UMaine visitors’ parking passes. Please visit the UMaine Parking Services website for more information.
Day Pass users have several options for UMaine visitors’ parking passes. Please visit the UMaine Parking Services website for more information.
* The Rec Center Parking Pass is offered in cooperation with UMaine Parking Services. UMaine employees and students are required to purchase UMaine Parking Passes through UMaine Parking Services.*
- MaineCard holders – both students and faculty/staff – ride for FREE. All others pay a small fee.
- For the official Community Connector website, with schedules/maps for all the bus loops AND guidelines/policies, click here.
UMaine’s New Balance Recreation Center is an authorized ticket agent for Concord Coach Lines‘ routes to Augusta, Portland, Boston South Station, and Logan Airport. Pickup for this route is at the Memorial Gym, not at the Rec Center. Please visit the Concord Coach Lines website for ticket prices and route schedules.
IMPORTANT NOTE: There is fine print in their schedules stating that Concord only serves the UMaine Campus when Fall/Spring semesters are in session. We do still sell tickets outside those times but purchasers must travel to the Bangor Terminal to get on the bus (the ticket prices are the same).