Parking and Public Transit Information
Full members receive a free permit to park in the Rec Center Parking Area located just uphill of the Rec Center, indicated in bright blue on the map shown at right. This free “Rec Center Parking Pass” is a benefit of full membership. *Please note UMaine employee/student exception below.* This permit is valid only in the stated parking area (NOT in the red-signed Hilltop Lot), and is valid only for a 4-hour maximum visit.
Specialty Pass holders, and other non-members who are enrolled in programs, have two options:
1) The Rec Center Parking Pass may be purchased at the Rec Center front desk for $10 per semester.
2) There are several options for UMaine visitors’ parking passes. Please visit the UMaine Parking Services website for more information.
Day Pass users have several options for UMaine visitors’ parking passes. Please visit the UMaine Parking Services website for more information.
* The Rec Center Parking Pass is offered in cooperation with UMaine Parking Services. UMaine employees and students are required to purchase UMaine Parking Passes through UMaine Parking Services. They can, however, still park in the Rec Center Lot as long as they limit their visit to under 4 hours.*
- MaineCard holders – both students and faculty/staff – ride for FREE. All others pay a small fee.
- For the official Community Connector website, with schedules/maps for all the bus loops AND guidelines/policies, click here.
UMaine’s New Balance Recreation Center no longer sells bus tickets. Please visit the Concord Coach Lines website to view schedules and purchase tickets. You do not need to print your ticket in advance, you can get on the bus at the Memorial Gym (as always) and they can print your ticket for you at the Bangor terminal when you arrive there.