Study Away/Study Abroad

Multi Campus & Study Away

  • Multi Campus – Classes that are taken at other University of Maine System institutions.
  • Study Away – Classes that are taken outside of the University of Maine System.

In order to be eligible for the financial aid you have been awarded students need to be enrolled in at least 6 credits. When considering taking classes at another institution, it is important to speak with your academic advisor.

  • When enrolled in classes at an away institution and a domestic study away form has been filed, we will send out a consortium agreement to verify your enrollment and bill on the first day classes begin at the away institution.
  • We cannot send out this consortium agreement until classes start nor can we release any financial aid until the agreement is received back to us completed.
  • Domestic Study Away forms can be found on the Student Records website located at
  • Once the consortium agreement is completed and sent back to us, we will authorize and disburse your financial aid based on the total enrollment you have both here and at the away institution.
  • We will inform the Bursar’s Office if you have any outstanding balances at the other institution. Your aid will be used to pay any remaining balance at your away institution.
  • If no bill remains, you will be issued a refund.

Study Abroad

  • Students are encouraged to meet with The Office of International Programs prior to meeting with a Financial Aid Advisor to discuss their aid and study abroad plans.
  • University of Maine financial aid funds can be used for study abroad programs, please visit the Study Abroad site for additional information
  • Study abroad scholarships are available; please visit for more information.