- be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- have a valid Social Security Number (your name must be the same as on your Social Security card);
- have earned a high school diploma or G.E.D.;
- be registered with Selective Service if you are a male (if you are between the ages of 18 & 25, go to www.sss.gov for more information.
- be offered admission to a University of Maine degree program;
- not be in default on a previous Federal educational loan program or owe a refund on a Federal grant;
- must not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were receiving Federal student aid;
- continue to be in good academic standing (not suspended or dismissed);
- continue to make Satisfactory Academic Progress toward a degree.
All students who meet the above criteria are eligible for some type of financial assistance and are encouraged to apply using the FAFSA.