2023-2024 FAFSA Information
October 1, 2022: You can file your 2023-2024 FAFSA
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by going to www.studentaid.gov
- Students and Parents should never pay to file a FAFSA.
- All filers will need an FSA ID from the Department of Education in order to electronically sign the FAFSA.
- Click here for more information about the FSA ID
- The University of Maine’s School Code is 002053
October 1, 2022: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be available to use
- Available to student applicants and parents who have filed their 2021 taxes.
- Allows students and/or parents to transfer income information directly from the IRS and transfer it into your FAFSA.
- Click here for more information about IRS Data Retrieval
- Confirm that the Financial Aid Office has received your FAFSA by accessing your MaineStreet Student Center and clicking on the “FAFSA Status” link after November 1st.
March 1, 2023: The University of Maine’s priority filing deadline for first-year applicants and continuing students
- First-year applicants must file your FAFSA by March 1st to be considered for the maximum possible financial aid eligibility.
May 1, 2023: Deadline to submit additional documents/information, if required
- Students and/or parents may be required to provide the Financial Aid Office with additional documentation to verify data provided on FAFSA.
- Specific verification requests and instructions will be available to students on their MaineStreet To-Do list.
- Click here for more information on the additional documents you may need to submit.
June 1, 2023: The University of Maine’s priority filing deadline for transfer applicants
- Transfer applicants must file your FAFSA by June 1st to be considered for the maximum possible financial aid eligibility.
July 1, 2023: Transfer applicant deadline to submit requested verification documents to the Financial Aid Office.