Students, parents, and borrowers are now required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S Department of Education websites.
Where will you use your FSA ID?
You will be able to use your FSA ID to access your personal information on the www.studentaid.gov website. This website serves as the hub for all your federal aid and loan information. This includes filing a FAFSA, applying for and managing your federal loans, and FSA ID maintenance.
The FSA ID will be required when completing the following tasks:
- Electronically signing the FAFSA
- Completing the IRS Data Retrieval
- Making corrections to the FAFSA
- Viewing or printing a copy of your Student Aid Report
- Viewing a history of federal student aid received
- Completing Federal Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling
- Completing a Federal Loan Master Promissory Note
- Applying for Federal PLUS loans
- Viewing Federal Loan history
- Applying for repayment plans or consolidation loans
How do you get an FSA ID?
You will be directed to create an FSA ID when logging into any of the websites listed above.
For more information about the FSA ID visit studentaid.gov