IRS Data Retrieval Tool
NOTE: While the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is unavailable for the 2017-2018 FAFSA, it is available for the 2019-2020 FAFSA, which you may file beginning October 1, 2018.
The U.S. Department of Education and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have collaborated to develop a tool that simplifies the completion of the FAFSA application. The IRS Data Retrieval tool allows FAFSA applicants and parents to request and retrieve their tax data directly from the IRS. Once this data is retrieved from the IRS, it can be transferred to the FAFSA application.
*Please note that you are required to complete the IRS Data Retrieval, unless you are not eligible to. For information about your eligibility to use the IRS Data Retrieval, please contact our office.
The following information will provide you with more information about the IRS Data Retrieval Tool:
- How Does the IRS Data Retrieval Tool Work?
- Who Can Use IRS Data Retrieval?
- Who Can Not Use IRS Data Retrieval?
- When Will I Be Able to Use IRS Data Retrieval?
- Why Should I Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
- What If I Haven’t Filed My Taxes Yet?
- What If I Am Selected for Verification?