The Mechanical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. This program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Curriculum
- Basic Science & Technical Electives
- Engineering Electives
- Schedule of Technical Electives
- Undergraduate Catalog – MEE courses
- List of General Education Courses and Categories
- Study Abroad in Valencia, Spain (All Classes Taught in English)
- Mechanical Engineering Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Mechanical Engineering is an enrollment controlled program. Students at UMaine who are interested in transferring to mechanical engineering should refer to the Change of Major Policies for the College of Engineering.
Educational Opportunities Beyond a BS Degree
Prospective Undergraduate Students
In addition to pursuing an ABET-accredited program in mechanical engineering, our students can also select a Concentration in Aerospace Engineering or pursue a minor in Robotics, Biomedical Engineering, or Ocean and Marine Engineering among many minor options at UMaine.
Qualified students can receive various scholarships offered by the university, college, and the department.
- General Admission Guidelines for Engineering
- Apply for Admission to UMaine
- Computer Policy
- 2019 Orientation
Each undergraduate student is assigned a faculty advisor during the first semester of enrollment to help plan a program of study based on the approved Mechanical Engineering curriculum. The suggested program can be modified to satisfy course prerequisites, scheduling needs or student preferences.