The Mechanical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. This program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering.
- Undergraduate Curriculum
- Undergraduate Catalog – MEE courses
- Engineering Electives
- Technical Electives
- Schedule of Technical Electives and Graduate-Level Courses
- List of General Education Courses and Categories
- Mechanical Engineering Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
- Study Abroad in Valencia, Spain (All Classes Taught in English)
- Job, Co-Op and Internship Opportunities
Prospective Undergraduate Students
In addition to pursuing an ABET-accredited program in mechanical engineering, our students can also select a Concentration in Aerospace Engineering or pursue a minor in Robotics, Biomedical Engineering, or Ocean and Marine Engineering among many minor options at UMaine.
- What Do Our Students Say?
- General Admission Guidelines for Engineering
- Apply for Admission to UMaine
- Computer Policy
- Fall 2023 Orientation
Mechanical Engineering is an enrollment controlled program. Students at UMaine who are interested in transferring to mechanical engineering should refer to the Change of Major Policies for the College of Engineering.
Qualified students can receive various scholarships offered by the university, college, and the department.
Each undergraduate student is assigned a faculty advisor during the first semester of enrollment to help plan a program of study based on the approved Mechanical Engineering curriculum. The suggested program can be modified to satisfy course prerequisites, scheduling needs or student preferences.