Basic Science Electives
Courses that will satisfy the Basic Science Elective, for 4 credits total, include but are not limited to:
- AST 109 and 110 (Introduction to Astronomy, with Lab)
- AST 215 and Lab (General Astronomy I, with Lab)
- BIO 100 (Basic Biology)
- BIO 208 (Anatomy and Physiology)
- BIO 326 (General Entomology)
- BMB 300 and 305 (General Microbiology with Lab)
- CHY 122 and 124 (The Molecular Basis of Chemical Change, with Lab)
- ERS 101 (Intro to Geology)
- ERS 102* (Environmental Geology of Maine)
- ERS 210 and 211 (Geology Applied to Engineering, with Lab)
- ERS 240 (The Atmosphere)
- PHY 223 and 236 (Special Relativity and Introductory Quantum Physics).
* Satisfies the population and the Environment requirement, but it cannot be counted as both a Basic Science Elective and a HVSC Elective.
Mechanical Engineering Technical Electives
- MEE 330 (Manufacturing Engineering)*
- MEE 433 (Solar-Thermal Engineering)
- MEE 434 (Thermodynamic Design of Engines)
- MEE 444 (Robot Dynamics and Control)
- MEE 445 (Aeronautics)
- MEE 446 (Astronautics)
- MEE 448 (Fixed Wing Aircraft Design)
- MEE 450 (Intro to Mechanics of Composite Materials)
- MEE 452 (Aircraft and Automobile Structures)
- MEE 453 (Experimental Mechanics)
- MEE 455 (Advanced Strength of Materials)
- MEE 459 (Engineering Optimization)
- MEE 462 (Fluid Mechanics II)
- MEE 463 (Applied Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- MEE 475 (Fuel Cell Science and Technology)
- MEE 480 (Wind Energy Engineering)
- MEE 483 (Turbomachine Design)
- MEE 484 (Power Plant Design and Engineering)
- MEE 486 (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning System Design)
- MEE 489 (Offshore Floating System Design)
- MEE 490 (Modern Control Theory & Applications)
400 level courses offered by other engineering programs may, with MEE Department approval, be used to satisfy the mechanical engineering technical elective requirement.
500 level courses in MEE or other engineering programs may, with instructor and MEE Department approval, be used to satisfy the mechanical engineering technical elective requirement.
*Accepted as a technical elective for the students who began pursuing a BS degree in MEE prior to Fall 2019.