Guidelines For The Final Report
The deadline for the completion of your Administrator Action Plan (AAP) and the filing of your FINAL REPORT is the last three months prior to your certification expiration. If you are to be recertified when your administrator certificate expires, you must file for renewal with the Maine Department of Education prior to that date. All credentialing is now completed on the Maine Department of Education’s new certification portal (https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/renewals). Your school district will need to assign Frederick Woodman as your Chairperson in the portal in order for PRASS to recommend you for renewal.
In order for PRASS to recommend you for certificate renewal, you must complete the following steps. The Review Committee strongly recommends that you communicate with your Review Committee Mentor for assistance in getting through these final steps.
- Complete a written assessment (the FINAL REPORT) of your progress in completing the activities specified in your AAP, and the extent to which the activities helped you to meet your professional development goals and objectives as stated in your AAP. For each goal, include a summary of:
- The activities actually undertaken (be specific)
- The actual number of hours committed to each activity
- How you benefited from the activity, in terms of the objective it was designed to serve
- The aspects of each goal on which you need to continue to work
- Complete and sign the back of the Application for Certificate Renewal Form, that the state sends directly to you. If you hold more than one certificate, be sure to indicate which certificate(s) that you wish to have renewed. You do not have to pay for renewing your certificate of current focus, but you may have to pay for other certificates that you are renewing.
- Submit your FINAL REPORT and your completed renewal application form, but not the required fees (if any), to your Review Committee Mentor as soon as you have completed them. If the Review Committee concludes that your completed activities have met the professional growth goals included in your AAP, it will vote to recommend you for recertification. (Note: If you have not received your application for certificate renewal form by the time that you complete the writing of your final report, submit your final report to your Review Committee Mentor for action by the Review Committee. When you receive your application for renewal form from the state, submit it to the PRASS office for signing.)
Following the Review Committee’s vote to recommend you for recertification, the PRASS Coordinator will sign, on behalf of PRASS, the recommendation for recertification. The PRASS Coordinator will return the form to you and t is your responsibility to mail the application to the Maine Department of Education, along with any fees that you are required to pay.
The Review Committee urges you to be direct, honest, and as detailed as you can about how your activities did or did not assist you to become a better administrator. The purpose of PRASS is to make recertification relevant to your work. The final evaluation of your growth will help your Review Committee know how well this system is working.