Guide to Campus Living - Property Management/Custodial/Maintenance
- The Property Management Division of Auxiliary Services is charged with making on-campus living the style of choice for students attending the University of Maine. The condition of your rooms and buildings are paramount in this effort and we strive to make your living experience a memorable one.
- Property Management services all 17 residence halls, one village complex, dining commons, the Marketplace, Union Central, Student Service Center, Catering, the University Bookstore, Printing Services, Cutler Health Center and University Park.
- Phone: 581-4444
- Custodial Services provides for the cleaning and the transportation of recyclables, supplies and materials and departmental furniture.
- The custodian monitors and reports issues involving maintenance or damage. The staff is trained in biohazard clean-ups, and the use of environmentally friendly cleaning practices.
- Hours of operation: Custodial Services is available for routine services to the residence halls from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- These folks are an integral part of the residence community and essential to the operation of our residence halls. Please thank them whenever you are given the opportunity.
- To contact the Custodial Services Supervisor, please call 581-4850.
- Residents should submit maintenance concerns or room repair online. at http://vivaldi.umerl.maine.edu/mrs/maintenance_request.aspx
- It is the policy of the university to ensure that students’ privacy in their residence hall rooms is consistent with the basic responsibilities of the institution to fulfill its educational function and to conduct day-to-day operations.
- The responsibilities of the university require the reservation of a reasonable right of entry into student rooms to assure proper upkeep, to paint, to repair, and to provide for the health and safety of all residents in a residence hall, and/or to investigate when reasonable cause exists to believe that a violation of residence hall or other university regulations is occurring within student rooms.
- As an occupant of a room, a student is responsible for its upkeep and is liable for damage to or loss from the room.
- Students are not permitted to paint their rooms. The university maintains a painting schedule to repaint buildings. Should paint be needed in your residence, please contact Property Management.
Back to Guide to Campus Living