Here are some important dates to know for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Monday, August 24th – Sunday, August 30th: All students move into their residence halls during their specified move in date and time
- Monday, August 31st: First day of classes
- Monday, October 5th: Resident/Community Assistant Application Opens
- Wednesday, November 25th: Thanksgiving Break begins. Residence halls will close for the fall semester at 8:00am
- Tuesday, January 19th – Friday, January 22nd: All students move into their residence halls during their specified move in date and time
- Monday, January 25th: First day of classes for spring semester
- Friday, March 5th: Resident/Community Assistant Application Closes
- Wednesday, March 24th: March Mini-Break, no classes
- Wednesday, April 28th (tentative): No classes in celebration of Maine Day
- Friday, April 30th: Last day of classes for spring semester
- Monday, May 3rd – Friday, May 7th: Finals week
- Friday, May 7th at 5:00pm: All residence halls close for summer break. All students except those graduating on May 8th must vacate their room within 24 hours after their last final, or by 5:00pm on May 8th – whichever comes first.
The University consistently seeks to take steps to minimize the risk of COVID-19 infections (or any other spread of disease) in accordance with applicable law, regulation, and guidance provided by health authorities. These efforts may include policies and safeguards implemented by the University such as temperature checks, social distancing, use of facial coverings, and isolating and quarantining when required. Despite these efforts, the University cannot categorically guarantee that any person entering University campuses or facilities will not contract COVID-19 or any other communicable disease and any such person must assess and accept the risks of illness or injury for themselves.