Guide to Campus Living - Elevators
- If the elevator in your building is not working properly, please submit a maintenance request or call us at 581-4444 to report the problem.
- The maximum capacity for the elevator is listed in each elevator. Students should not exceed this capacity.
- Jumping in and overcrowding an elevator is known to cause serious damage. When this happens the cost of the repair is paid for by the students involved or the residents of the residence hall.
- If an elevator is stuck, do not attempt to open the doors from inside. Always push the safety call button for the police department who will then contact the appropriate individuals for repair.
- Elevators are essential for students with physical disabilities so it is essential that everyone protect them and avoid activities that may endanger them.