How can faculty get involved?
- Speaking out about Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) issues
- Participating in the biennial review process
- Participating in the AOD task force
- Working with the community
- Making connections with students
- Curriculum infusion
- Service learning
If you are interested in a program for your class or student organization, please contact us at 581.1423.
Programs and Services:
- Screening and Brief Intervention for alcohol and marijuana use
- BASICS: Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students
- Residence Hall programs
- AOD Peer Education credit class offered in each fall.
- Campus-wide AOD speakers and programs
- Training with the campus community leaders
- Classroom Alternatives: A don’t cancel that class program
- Peer Intervention Programs
- Tobacco Cessation programs
- Substance-free housing through Residence Life
- Off campus referrals
- Awareness and Responsibility Campaigns for : Alcohol, Tobacco, Other Drugs and Drinking and Driving
- Risk Management Programs and Trainings
- Campus Assessment and Surveys
- Social Norms Campaigns
- Campus Safety Alerts
- On-line screening programs
The following links provide information and services available to students. You can also contact Lauri Sidelko at Lauri.Sidelko@umaine.edu, Stephen Hogue at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Student Wellness Resource Center at 581.1423.