Welcome to the Office of Community Standards, Rights, and Responsibilities
As part of the Division of Student Life, the Office of Community Standards, Rights, and Responsibilities promotes personal responsibility through educational outreach to the University community and the enforcement of the Student Conduct Code in a kind, caring, and compassionate manner.
The Office of Community Standards, Rights, and Responsibilities seeks to enrich the UMaine student experience by providing meaningful engagement opportunities that promote personal responsibility and peer accountability. As educators we encourage our students to consider the impact of their actions on the community and themselves in an effort to nurture the development of socially responsible leaders.
The following are learning outcomes identified by the Office of Community Standards, Rights, and Responsibilities to instill in our students before they graduate:
- Promote individual responsibility and personal development
- Foster respect for the rights of others and the greater community
- Utilize analytical decision-making skills in future situations
- Articulate expectations for future behavior
- Learn to advocate for their rights as well as the rights of others in the community