Online Synchronous Tutoring
Navigating Online Tutorials
- Log in to our website or register for an account
- Sign up for a tutorial with an online peer-tutor by selecting “Yes – Schedule Online Appointment” under the “Meet Online?” section of the form
- You can attach up to three (3) documents. Attach any rubrics along with your project drafts
- 5-10 minutes before your tutorial, select your appointment and click “Start or Join Online Consultation“
- A popup page will allow you to start a video chat and share documents with the peer-tutor
- Please ensure your computer’s microphone and video is operational, or your appointment is subject to cancellation (if they are not operational, try switching browsers)
- Please ensure you have reliable access to wifi
What We Do
The UMaine Writing Center has supported face-to-face tutorials since 1978, and online tutorials since 2016. We are trained in online literacy and we offer synchronous peer-tutoring (i.e.: virtual face-to-face consultations in real time) with professionally trained UMaine student tutors.
We are here to help faculty and students make the transition to virtual instruction in alignment with UMaine’s response to the coronavirus.
Our services are free and open to all members of the university community.