Open Google Hangouts
Instead of booking a certain number of appointments, tutors hosting a Hangout have open hours, just like dropping into the Writing Center. To join the Hangout, search our email on Google Hangouts and send us a message letting us know who you are and what you’re looking for.
For step-by-step instructions, check out the post to the right. Please email us as at email@example.com with any questions.
Directions for Attending Hangouts and Online Appointments
Before your appointment:
- Sign in to your @maine.edu Google account.
- Share your document to firstname.lastname@example.org through Google Drive.
- Get a shareable link by clicking on the Share button in the upper right corner. Make sure to change the settings in the drop down menu to either “can edit” or “can comment” so that the tutor can easily work with you and your document.
To attend your appointment:
- Appointments are held through Google Hangouts.
- To access Google Hangouts and Google Drive, click on link above or the Google apps icon in the upper right corner of a new tab of Google Chrome (it looks like a square). For Hangouts, click “More” on the drop down menu. Hangouts is in the bottom middle (green quotation marks).
- At the time of your appointment, send us a message by searching our email address above and give us a link to your document.
- Your tutor will give you a call!
If you’d like to make an appointment during a Hangouts session, please do so at least 24 hours in advance.
While You Write
After You Write
Online Academic Research Assistance
Composition and Rhetoric Resources
Grammar and Mechanics
Grammar Slammer – impress friends and professors with a grand slam knowledge of grammar!