We offer feedback on all written work for all University of Maine students, faculty, and staff. We help you enhance your critical awareness of your own writing as we work one-on-one with you in a comfortable environment. Our tutors will focus on anything from creative to formal academic work. Students may also utilize the Writing Center as a quiet place to write while we are open.
Our usual hours of operation are below; at this point in the semester our tutors can’t staff every hour, so please check our schedule on line
9am-5pm in 402 Neville Hall Monday-Friday & 6pm-8pm in Fogler Library Wednesday Evening Only
To schedule an appointment today call 207.581.3828, make an appointment online here , or just walk in!
Beyond a tutorial we provide...
- Grammar and citation guidance
- Mac and PC Workstations with Internet access
- Writing and Reading Workshops
- A quiet, comfortable study environment with tutors ready to answer questions and give advice
- A SafeZone trained environment.
What to bring to your tutoring session
The most important thing to bring is the assignment (if you have one) and any writing you have done so far on the assignment. Here is a helpful list of things to consider bringing:
- The assignment (class notes, handouts, syllabus, etc)
- Your paper, or multiple drafts of your paper
- Research materials (this sometimes helps with citation questions or quoting)