We are open for business! Check the schedule to be guaranteed a tutorial.
Coming Soon: Online tutoring will be here any day now!
Go to WCOnline to register and make an account (click here). From there, you will also be able to make appointments online.
What to bring to your tutoring session
The most important thing to bring is the assignment (if you have one) and any writing you have done so far on the assignment. Here is a helpful list of things to consider bringing:
- The assignment (class notes, handouts, syllabus, etc)
- Your paper, or multiple drafts of your paper
- Research materials (this sometimes helps with citation questions or quoting)
Have an idea for the Writing Center? Want to see a specific workshop conducted? Let us know!
Beyond a tutorial we provide...
- Tutoring in languages other than English (see About the Tutors for further details)
- Online tutoring
- Plagiarism, MLA, APA, and Grammar Workshops
- PC Workstation with Internet access
- Apple TV for presentations
- A quiet, comfortable study environment with tutors ready to answer questions and give advice
- A SafeZone trained environment
We have several tutors leaving us for bigger and better things. Congratulations to:
- Tutor Coordinator Shelby Colburn
- Kathy Hill
- Morgan Jewett-Kent
- Madeline Kelly
- Michael Kennedy
- Ray Peck
Best of luck to all of you! We’re so lucky to have had you with us!
At this point our tutors can’t staff every hour, so please check our schedule on line to be sure of an appointment.
9am-5pm in 402 Neville Hall Monday-Friday & 6pm-8pm in Fogler Library during our evening shifts
To schedule an appointment today call 207.581.3828, make an appointment online here , or just walk in!