Welcome to the Writing Center!
Go to WCOnline to register and make an account (click here).
From there, you will also be able to schedule your appointment online.
If you are already registered, click the link below to sign in and schedule a face-to-face tutorial!
We will be open during finals week for our regularly scheduled hours, Monday through Wednesday! We will be closed Thursday and Friday, however.
Monday: 9AM-3PM, 6PM-8PM
Tuesday: 10-11AM, 12:30-1:30PM, 5-6PM
Wednesday: 9-11AM, 12-3PM, 6-8PM
To schedule an appointment today make an appointment online here, call 207.581.3828, or walk in!
What to bring to your tutoring session
The most important thing to bring is the assignment (if you have one) and any writing you have done so far on the assignment.
Here is a helpful list of things to consider bringing:
- The assignment (class notes, handouts, syllabus, etc)
- Your paper, or multiple drafts of your paper
- Research materials (this sometimes helps with citation questions or quoting)
We are currently collaborating with Virtual Academic Writing Lab Tutors (VAWLT), an online tutoring platform through UMaine at Augusta; please utilize their website HERE for online tutoring.
Our mission is to create longitudinal improvement in writing and communication through peer-to-peer collaboration. We provide undergraduates and graduates with professional development opportunities. We support faculty workload and awareness of current research trends in writing convention and assessment. The Writing Center is committed to expanding our services and expertise, and to expanding the expertise of all writers.
Beyond a tutorial we provide...
- Tutoring in languages other than English (see About the Tutors for further details)
- Online tutoring
- Plagiarism, MLA, APA, and Grammar Workshops
- PC Workstation with Internet access
- Apple TV for presentations
- A comfortable study environment with tutors ready to answer questions and give advice
- A SafeZone trained environment
Have an idea for the Writing Center? Want to see a specific workshop conducted? Let us know!