We are now closed until March 20th. Everyone have a good break!
Closed for Spring Break. See our link to UC-VAWLT for all of your tutoring needs during break!
We are currently collaborating with UC Virtual Academic Writing Lab Tutors (VAWLT), an online tutoring platform through the University of Maine System; please utilize their website for online tutoring.
Go to WCOnline to register and make an account. Doing so will allow you to view our schedule and make appointments for in-person tutorials, conducted in 402 Neville Hall.
From there, you will also be able to schedule your appointment online. A white box means the appointment slot is available, while blue and gray mean that one is not.
If you are already registered, click the link below to sign in and schedule a face-to-face tutorial!
What to bring to your tutoring session
The most important thing to bring is the assignment (if you have one) and any writing you have done so far on the assignment.
Here is a helpful list of things to consider bringing:
- The assignment (class notes, handouts, syllabus, etc)
- Your paper, or multiple drafts of your paper
- Research materials (this sometimes helps with citation questions or quoting)
Beyond a tutorial we provide...
- Tutoring in languages other than English (see About the Tutors for further details)
- Online tutoring
- Plagiarism, MLA, APA, and Grammar Workshops
- PC Workstation with Internet access
- Apple TV for presentations
- A comfortable study environment with tutors ready to answer questions and give advice
- A SafeZone trained environment
Our mission is to create longitudinal improvement in writing and communication through peer-to-peer collaboration. We provide undergraduates and graduates with professional development opportunities. We support faculty workload and awareness of current research trends in writing convention and assessment. The Writing Center is committed to expanding our services and expertise, and to expanding the expertise of all writers.
Have an idea for the Writing Center? Want to see a specific workshop conducted? Let us know!