What If I Haven’t Filed My Taxes Yet?
Income estimates may be used in order to meet the priority filing deadline, but you must update your FAFSA once you have completed your Federal income tax return.
* Differences between actual income and estimates could result in changes to your financial aid eligibility, even after an award package has been offered.
To make a correction:
- Go to www.FAFSA.gov and click START HERE
- Log on using your information
- Click Make FAFSA Corrections
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload your 2016 tax information
*Electronically filed 2016 tax return information will be available to retrieve through the IRS Data Retrieval Tool approximately 1-2 weeks after the return has been filed.
Data from 2016 paper tax returns will be available 6-8 weeks after the return has been filed.