Delegations have several options for getting to UMaine: Concord Coach Lines (to Bangor or UMaine), Bangor International Airport (BGR), or driving themselves.
Shuttles are available from the Concord Bus terminal and the airport to the hotels.
During the busier times throughout conference, large shuttle buses (passenger buses) will be running on a loop.
How to get to campus when entering Maine
When entering Maine on I-95 North
- Drive for 45.2 miles then stay right to get on to I-295 North via Exit 44
- Drive for 52.5 miles and then merge back on to I-95 North
- Drive 87.3 miles and use Exit 191 to Kelly road or Exit 193 to Stillwater Avenue
Exits to use
When using exit 191 from I-95 North
- Turn right off of the exit on to Kelly Road
- Drive to the end of the street and turn left on Main Street for 1.7 miles
- Keep straight on to Park Street until you reach the roundabout in 0.5 miles
- The University of Maine is the third exit off the roundabout
When using exit 193 from I-95 North
- Turn right off of exit and merge onto Stillwater Avenue
- Drive 0.9 miles and turn right on to College Avenue
- In 2.2 miles turn left onto Park Street
- Keep straight until you reach the roundabout
- Take the third exit off the roundabout to enter the University of Maine
There are a total of three tolls when entering from I-95 North into Maine.
- Two on I-95
- One on I-295
Plan on at least $5 (cash/coin) each way for tolls. EZPass also accepted.
The closest Airport to the University of Maine is the Bangor International Airport.
To reach campus from the Airport;
- From short term parking at the airport
- Use Godfrey Road until you reach a roundabout
- Take the first exit on to Maine Avenue and drive until you reach the next roundabout
- Take the third exit on to Vermont Avenue
- Drive until the end of the street and take a right onto Union Street
- Drive 0.5 miles then turn left onto I-95 North
- Then take either exit 191 or 193
- Refer to section on how to reach the University of Maine from these exits