The Clement and Linda McGillicuddy Humanities Center, formerly the University of Maine Humanities Center, established in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences in 2010, advances teaching, research, and public knowledge of the humanities. By developing and supporting programs that engage art, literature, history, philosophy, politics, and diverse cultures, The Center aims to enrich the lives of all Maine citizens.
The Center’s principal objectives are to:
- establish partnerships with arts and humanities institutions in Maine
- encourage collaborations between UMaine faculty and Maine’s K-12 teachers and students
- share UMaine’s unique resources with the people of Maine
- strengthen the humanities at the University by
- creating opportunities for students to engage in humanities education and research
- developing innovative programming
- supporting humanities scholarship and interdisciplinary collaborations
The Center is actively building an endowment to ensure that it can serve the people of Maine for years to come.
Margo Lukens, Director Clement and Linda McGillicuddy Humanities Center, Professor of English (email@example.com; 207.581.1848).
Terri Beyer, Philanthropy Officer for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org)