The Department of Mathematics & Statistics offers 14 courses that fulfill the Quantitative Literacy (QL) requirements.
Please note that this list will also show you which courses have a prerequisite.
Prerequisite A means you must have a C or better in MAT111 Algebra for College Math or no MAT111 grade and have a score of 30.00 or higher on the ALEKS exam.
Prerequisite B means you must have a C or better in MAT122 Pre-Calculus or no MAT122 grade and have a score of 61.00 or higher on the ALEKS exam.
- MAT 101 The Nature & Language of Mathematics
- MAT 103 Algebraic Models in Our World
- MAT 107 Elementary Descriptive Geometry
- MAT 108 Elementary Numerical Mathematics From a Modern Perspective
- MAT 115 Applied Mathematics for Business & Economics (Prerequisite A)
- MAT 116 Introduction to Calculus (Prerequisite A)
- MAT 117 Applications of Calculus (Prerequisite of a C or better in MAT 116)
- MAT 122 Pre-Calculus (Prerequisite A)
- MAT 126 Calculus I (Prerequisite B)
- MAT 127 Calculus II (Prerequisite of a C or better in MAT 126)
- MAT 136 Honors Level Calculus I (Departmental permission required)
- MAT 137 Honors Level Calculus II (Departmental permission required)
- STS 232 Principles of Statistical Inference