Moran’s research aims to improve the yield and quality of tree fruits through sustainable orchard practices. Current projects focus on cold hardiness, new varieties, and storage methods that reduce fruit losses. Visit Moran’s biography to learn more.
Moran’s work is supported by:
- School of Food and Agriculture at the College of Natural Sciences, Forestry and Agriculture
- Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension
Experiment Station contributions
- Current project: Improving Quality and Reducing Losses in Specialty Fruit Crops through Storage Technologies. Hatch Multistate project number ME031912.
- Current project: Improving Economic and Environmental Sustainability in Tree-Fruit Production Through Changes in Rootstock Use. Hatch Multistate project number ME022328.