Other College and Station Resources
Employee Training Resources
Following are links to various resources related to employee training in the areas of environmental health and safety, research, and information management. This is not a complete list of all available employee training offered by the University of Maine.
- List of required employee training (Word)–Compiled September 2014
Examples of record-keeping forms with sample data
- Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Conservation Biology safety training cover sheet (pdf).
- Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Conservation Biology required safety training (pdf).
- Sample employee training matrix (Excel).
Blank record-keeping forms
A more comprehensive collection of communication resources for Experiment Station faculty and staff are available online here.
All faculty with an Experiment Station appointment are expected to include this affiliation in their email signature. Those with split appointments should list their majority appointment first. Examples are available here.
Sharing news and working with the media
You can submit news items through an online form here.
All faculty with an Experiment Station appointment are expected to identify with this when they discuss their research in public and with the press. Examples are below:
- Bananas Bear, professor of science at UMaine’s Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station, . . .
- Bear’s lab, which is part of the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station at UMaine, will . . .
- Bananas Bear, professor of science at Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station and science specialist with the Science Advancement Institute, both of the University of Maine, . . .
If coverage features research that was conducted on Experiment Station farms or facilities, you are expected to acknowledge that as well. An example is below:
- Bear’s lab and Aroostook Farm are part of the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station at the state’s R1 public research university.
Talking points about the Experiment Station
Quick talking points about the Experiment Station are available online here.
Recommended acknowledgment statement
This project was supported by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, [Hatch/McIntire-Stennis/ Animal Health] Project Number ME0-XXXX through the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station.
On all papers, please list your appointment in the Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station in addition to any other appointments you wish to list.
Farms and Greenhouses
Following is a collection of forms and policies specific to the experiment station research farms and greenhouses.
- Service Fees and Labor Rates at Farms and Greenhouses
- Policies on Direct Cost Recovery and Sharing at Crop, Greenhouse, and Livestock Facilities
- Aroostook Farm Policies and Procedures
- Aroostook Farm Interim Vehicle Maintenance Policy
- Blueberry Hill Farm Policies and Procedures
- Clapp Greenhouse Policies and Procedures
- Highmoor Farm Policies and Procedures
- Witter Center Policies and Procedures
- PFAS Decontamination Protocol for Equipment and Vehicles
- MAFES Hemp Research Protocol