Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
The Graduate Business Certificate program is designed for students interested in gaining advanced skills in business. This certificate provides professional-level education in advanced business topics such as Finance, Management, or Business Law. The Graduate Business Certificate program is offered 100% online. For many students, the Certificate serves as a pathway toward admission to the MaineMBA, and graduate-level courses taken in the Certificate may transfer to the MaineMBA upon admission.
Graduate Certificate Curriculum
Students should choose any five (5) courses from:
- Strategic Data Analysis (BUA 601)
- Global Supply Chain Networks (MBA 637)
- Financial Statement Analysis (MBA 609)
- Foundations of Business Intelligence (BUA 680)
- Management of Contemporary Organizations (MBA 626)
- Managerial Marketing (MBA 670)
- Financial Management (MBA 651)
To ensure that all students have a foundation of business core concepts, prior coursework in the following areas is required:
• Accounting (financial and managerial)
• Economics (macro and micro)
Students can complete foundational skills via online foundation courses prior to starting MBA courses. All students are welcome to take foundation courses to help solidify their skills and prepare them for success.
All applicants should submit:
- Completed online application
- Contact information for two professional recommendations
- Transcripts of all previous college or university work
- $65 application fee
International students will also submit:
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores such as TOEFL or IELTS scores. Test requirements are waived for native English speakers and students graduating from an English-speaking or ESL program. Read more about the test requirements here.
- WES or ECE certified transcript translation
- Certificate of Finances
- Copy of Passport or Visa
International applicants should also review the Office of International Programs page for more information on Visas, financial statements, and other requirements, or to contact an international student advisor. International three-year degree holders are considered for admission to the Graduate School of Business. All applicants are considered on a case-by-case basis. Three-year degree holders are encouraged to apply.
Application fees are waived for:
- Graduates of University of Maine System Schools
- Veterans of the US Armed Forces
- Fulbright Scholars
- Participants in select programs (eg. IRT/McNair)