Return to Layout View
Follow UMaine on Twitter
Join UMaine on Facebook
Watch UMaine on YouTube
Parents & Family
Advising Center - Services
- Provides accurate information about degree requirements, educational, and career options and opportunities.
- Helps students interpret University and College of Education and Human Development (COEHD) policies, procedures, and requirements as stated in the UM Undergraduate Catalog.
- Refers students to other University resources when necessary.
- Analyze transcripts and help students with academic decisions (e.g., choice of major, dropping courses, etc.)
- Assists students in clarifying their interests, values, and goals.
- Assists students in various educational and career-related decisions.
- Helps students set realistic goals and find the resources necessary to meet the goals.
- Monitors students progress toward teacher candidacy and verify completion of early degree requirements.
- Assists students in registering and preparing for Praxis I exam.
- Formally introduce the Advising Center to students during the New Student Seminars (EHD 100).
- Evaluates teacher candidacy eFolios.
- Advise all students minoring in Education.
- Provides extra support for students on academic probation.
- Provides trained peer-advisors to assist students with course registration and portfolio development.
- Monitors the registration process and contacts students who were late registering for classes.
- Provides early review of portfolio and necessary support for student’s to successfully complete the requirements of teacher candidacy.
Back to Advising Center
Education and Human Development
5766 Shibles Hall
Orono, ME 04469
Phone: (207) 581-2412