Welcome to St. John!
St. John Plantation was settled and organized in the mid-1800s alongside the St. John River and, like many Aroostook towns, mainly provides work in the agriculture and logging industries. According to Wikipedia, “The population was 263 at the 2020 census.”
According to Maine an Encyclopedia, it “has several modest sized lakes, including Wallagrass Lakes (Lakes 1 and 2) in the southeast, Wheelock Lake in the northeast, and Hunnewell Lake in the west. St. John hosts two lots of Maine Public Reserved Lands totaling 1,167 acres” making this a wilderness wonderland!
- Northeastern Adventures 2304 St. John Rd, St. John, ME 04743 | (207) 834-5259
- Expert guide service for hunting, fishing, canoeing, and more!
- St. John Valley Heritage Trail St. John Rd, St. John, ME 04743
- This 16.9-mile trail along the former Fish River Railroad corridor follows a beautiful path from near St. John Road from St. Francis to Fort Kent.
- Additional activities are available in nearby Allagash, Fort Kent, and St. Francis!
Shops & Services
- One Step Homestead St. John Rd, St. John, ME 04743 | (207) 231-5246
- Great local pharmacy with a wide selection of medical and beauty items.
- Additional shops and services are available in nearby Allagash, Fort Kent, and St. Francis!