Welcome to St. Agatha!
According to the St. Agatha website, “St Agatha was incorporated on March 17, 1899, the 466th town in the State of Maine. The town bears the name of the parish which had been established ten years earlier. The religious influence, which the community represents, was given the name — Town of St. Agatha after the Sicilian Saint of the third century.”
According to Maine an Encyclopedia, “Settled by Acadians, the name derives from the parish church that was established in 1890. Agatha was a martyred Sicilian saint of the third century, put to death for her Christian beliefs. Farming and lumbering have been this St. John Valley area town’s historic economic base.”
Today, it is home to 730 residents (2020 census). It is also home to home to Long Lake, a major recreational destination. In addition to the lake, St. Agatha is home to various recreational activities, including access to snowmobile and ATV trails and two boat launch facilities.
- Long Lake Fitness Center 413 Main St, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (207) 543-7377
- Local gym and fitness center!
- Ste-Agathe Historical Society 477 Main St, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (207) 543-6364
- Dedicated to preserving local history and sharing it with others!
- Lakeview Restaurant 9 Lakeview Dr, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (207) 543-6331
- This restaurant is a great spot for seafood with a full service and a patio on Long Lake.
- Check out dining alternatives in Frenchville!
- All Seasons Lakeside Cottages 420 Main St, St. Agatha, ME 04772
- This camp has three locations across St. Agatha with cabins and spots for tenting against the water. The spot is great for fishing, four-wheeling, snowmobiling, hunting, skiing, and water activities of all kinds.
- Cozy Log Cabin Rentals 770 Main St, P.O. Box 153, St. Agatha, Maine 04772 |207-493-0202
- Overlooking Long Lake, these cabins sleep up to six. Great for a variety of activities including fishing, camping, boating, snowmobiling, and hunting.
- Long Lake Motor Inn 596 Main St, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (207) 543-5006
- Long Lake Motor Inn is a two-story motel with 18 rooms including a honeymoon suite. All rooms have cable TV and telephones; they offer free continental breakfast.
- Lake Shore Property 766 Main St, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (434)-333-5449
- Lakeview Camping Resort 9 Lakeview Dr, St. Agatha, ME 04772 | (207)-543-6331
- Lakeview features brand new facilities, clean restrooms with hot showers, a dumping station as well as laundry and propane.
Shops and Services
- Babin’s Grocery Store Outlet 358 Main St, St Agatha, ME 04772 | (207) 543-6901
- Babin’s Grocery Store Outlet carries everything from grocery items to fresh lobsters, steak, beer, wine, and pizza on the weekends.
- For other Shops & Services, visit Frenchville and New Canada!