Required Student Employee Trainings
As a student employee, you are required to take online trainings. These trainings must be completed within 30 days of hire for new students, and must be completed annually for returning students.
Please note: Trainings will typically become available to students 5-7 business days after their job is set up on their MaineStreet account. Until your MaineStreet/ Employee Self Service is activated, the trainings will not be available to you.
You can access all student employee trainings through UMS Academy, by logging in to your maine.edu account through MyUMS.maine.edu. From here, you can click UMS Academy’s logo on your home page to visit the training website:
There, you will see several training options. You should select the UMS Compliance Track for Student Employees, which looks like this:
There are 7 modules within the training that you must complete. All modules must be completed in order for your entire training to be considered done. The trainings are as followed:
- Basic Safety
- Information Security
- Conflicts of Interest
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- UMS ICT* Accessibility Awareness
- Title IX
Demonstrating Completion: Once you’ve completed your Compliance Training, you can easily access and submit proof to your department. The multiple ways to access completed trainings include:
(1) The Pathway Transcript; once they’ve completed the entire Compliance Training Pathway
(2) Completion Certificates; for each Training. The Certificate needs to show that they completed both the training content and the assessment that tests their knowledge of the content
(3) Content colored green; in the Trainings once they’ve completed it; also shows the comprehensive completion